Every small business needs a website. Period. Whether you’re a one-man show or a company of ten, a professional-looking website for your small business is absolutely essential in 2015 if you are to succeed.
Don’t fall into the same trap that as so many other small business owners have fallen into by making excuses as to why they do not need a website. These are the people that state that their businesses are far too small, that designing a website is far too costly or complicated for them, or perhaps that their customers never go online. They are wrong! These are some benefits to having a website for your small website…
- It creates a professional image for your business. Nowadays, when people search for a product or service, they do not look in the phone book or yellow pages but online. If you don’t have a website, you have lost that customer who searched online. Your website is your storefront and the place where potential customers can have their initial questions answered. If your website is attractive and easy to use, you are likely to make a great first impression. The quality of the text and imagery on your website will go a long way in how your potential clients feel about you and your website.
- It helps you to find clients. A website will enable you to extend your client base beyond your town, city and even your country (depending on your product or service). Through your website, clients can order products and services online and over the phone.
- A website is the place where clients’questions may be answered. How many times have you had to email bulky price lists or catalogues to clients? Or, worse still, how many times have you delivered printed price lists and catalogues to clients? This is incredibly time-consuming and unnecessary and, if you had a website, you could simply refer clients to it and they could view everything there!
- Updates are much easier and much less expensive with a website. Do you dread increasing your prices or modifying a product or service simply because you’ll have to reprint your catalogues and price lists? With a website, all you need to do us rewrite your copy and integrate it into your website (which is really easy and virtually free to do).
- Gives clients a way of learning more about your company. Again, how many times have clients asked for more information about your company, products or services? If you have a website, you can simply refer them there and they can read all about you, to their heart’s content! Plus it doesn’t cost you anything in terms of time or money!
These are just some of the reasons why it is important for a small business owner to have a website, but we can think of many more. If you don’t have a website, create one as soon as possible – you won’t regret it!